At Northstate Auto Law, I Work For You

In A Car Wreck In North Carolina? Get The Compensation You Deserve.

A car wreck is never something that is planned for or expected – it’s a sudden event that can leave you shaken, hurt, hospitalized, and owing thousands of dollars in medical bills and other unexpected costs, all while you are missing work to recover from your injuries.

And, although you always thought that insurance would cover those costs, you may already be discovering that insurance companies do not pay anything unless they are forced to. They are a business, they are in business to make money and they don’t make money by giving you money after a car wreck.

When an insurance agent calls you after your car wreck, they will ask you to give them a recorded statement, they might sound sympathetic, and they might even offer you a check for “nuisance money” – all intended to 1) get you to settle your case for far less than it is worth and 2) get you to make statements that may hurt your case when you demand full and fair compensation.

This is where I, your North Carolina car accident lawyer, come in. If you do not want to “leave money on the table” or foot the bill yourself, you can turn your case over to my experienced car accident law firm in North Carolina, which will negotiate with the insurance company and work to get you paid.

I can help you get what you deserve and what you need.

As a car wreck lawyer at Northstate Auto Law, I will:

  • Meet with you and learn about your case
  • Investigate the crash and determine who is liable
  • Gather medical evidence and evidence of liability to present to the insurance company or a jury
  • Demand full and fair compensation in any settlement or prepare your case for a jury trial when necessary

I am Rodney Caudill, a car crash attorney at Northstate Auto Law, and I have experience with the insurance industry and the legal knowledge that you need to get the maximum compensation for your injuries that you are entitled to under North Carolina law.

Five Things You Should Do After A Car Wreck In North Carolina

  • Report the accident to law enforcement immediately. The responding officer will investigate the car wreck, take statements from you and other witnesses, and create an accident report that will be a primary source of information for the attorneys, the insurance company and the officer’s testimony in court.
  • Contact me as soon as possible after the car wreck – do not give any statements to the other driver’s insurance company. I will negotiate on your behalf to get you paid, let the insurance company know that you will demand full and fair compensation, and file a lawsuit if they do not pay the full value of your car wreck claim.
  • Collect evidence at the accident scene when you can do so safely – including photographs or video of damage to vehicles, any injuries and the roadway where the wreck happened.
  • If possible, get the names and contact information for any witnesses at the scene – the responding officer should do this, but if they don’t, it may be difficult or impossible to find your witnesses later when you need them.
  • Get any medical treatment that is needed immediately. Let EMS check you out at the accident scene, take the ambulance to the ER if it is recommended by the paramedics and follow up with your doctor when it is needed. You must document all injuries and consider the possibility of “delayed onset injuries” like spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury or soft tissue injuries.

Compensation In Car Wreck Cases

When you call Northstate Auto Law, I will immediately begin the process of getting you paid for your injuries.

I will:

  • Meet with you, investigate your car wreck to determine liability and evaluate your case for damages
  • Communicate with the insurance companies on your behalf to ensure they have full documentation of liability and damages, and negotiate for full and fair compensation in a car wreck settlement
  • Ensure that you have finished treatment or that I have an expert medical opinion on the cost of future medical treatments and that all available categories of damages are included in your payment before agreeing to any settlement on your behalf
  • Take on the stress of negotiating with the insurance companies, ensuring that your case is documented and getting you paid so you can focus on rest, recovery and getting back to your life

Types Of Motor Vehicle Crash Cases I Routinely Handle

Common Questions About Car Wreck Cases

What happens if you’re in a car crash and you don’t have insurance?

If the other driver was at fault for the car wreck, their insurance company is responsible for paying your damages. It does not matter if you have insurance unless you need your uninsured or underinsured policy to cover the difference between the other driver’s policy limits and the full amount of your damages.

What kinds of injuries can be compensated for after a car wreck?

When the other driver is negligent, they must compensate you for your damages – the goal is to “make you whole” or put you in the position you were before the car wreck, as much as that is possible with money.

Depending on your circumstances, you may be entitled to damages for:

  • All medical expenses including doctor’s bills, surgery costs, hospital bills, ER bills, ambulance bills, medications, medical equipment and future medical expenses including long-term care, if needed
  • Any property damage caused by the wreck
  • The cost to repair or compensate you for any scarring or disfigurement
  • Loss of consortium or loss of companionship for a spouse
  • Wrongful death damages
  • Pain and suffering
  • Emotional distress and mental anguish
  • Punitive damages in some cases

I handle serious injury cases as well as wrongful death claims resulting from vehicle crashes.

Whose insurance covers a car crash?​

The driver whose negligence caused the car wreck is liable for any damages that they caused. This means that their insurance company is responsible for paying their settlement or verdict up to the other driver’s policy limits.

If the other driver’s insurance does not cover the full amount of your damages, your own insurance’s uninsured or underinsured policy may pay the difference and multiple insurance policies can be “stacked” in North Carolina.

How long does a car wreck settlement take?

It is impossible to say how long your settlement will take because it will depend on the facts of your case, the amount of damages, whether liability is in question and the other driver’s insurance company.

You cannot settle your case until 1) you have finished treating your injuries or 2) you have an expert opinion on your future medical costs – otherwise, you may not receive the full value of your claim and you may be left paying medical bills on your own.

In some cases, the other driver’s insurance company will settle with your attorney quickly – within a matter of months or less. In other cases, the insurance company may refuse to pay or refuse to pay the full value of your claim. A car wreck lawsuit can last for years, although a case could settle at any point during the litigation.

Can I do anything after a car wreck to improve my chances of getting a good settlement?​

You should:

  • Immediately talk to an experienced North Carolina car accident law firm – insurance companies will refuse to pay or refuse to pay the full value of a claim when they know there is no chance of going to trial (because you don’t have a car wreck lawyer).
  • Ensure that you follow up on all recommended medical treatments and do not attempt to settle your case before you know what the final bill is. In many cases, your “tangible” medical bills are seen as an “anchor” that determines your “intangible” damages like pain and suffering.
  • Do not accept a “lowball” offer from the insurance company – follow your attorney’s advice as to whether the insurance company is offering you the full value of your claim.

Get A Free Case Evaluation

You have nothing to lose by reaching out to me for a free case evaluation. If you decide to move forward with me, you won’t have to pay anything upfront and I offer lower commissions than many other firms. Call 336-781-4606 to get started.